These super flavorful salmon burgers make great options for non meat eaters or simply someone who wants something a little different than typical summer barbecue fare. This tzatziki sauce can double as a delicious side with slices of pita or crisp, fresh veggies.
- 3 7.50 oz Cans ThinkPink and/or Redhead Traditional
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata Olives Minced
- 1/2 Cup Sundried Tomatoes in Oil Drained and Minced
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
- 4 Pieces Ciabatta Bread (or your favorite bun) Split
- 1/2 Medium Red Onion Thinly Sliced
- 1 Cup Arugula (or your favorite green)
- 2 Cups Tzatziki Sauce (Recipe Follows)
- 1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Cucumber Peeled and Grated
- 1/4 Cup White Onion Grated
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 Tbl Fresh Dill
- 1 Tbl Fresh Mint Finely Minced
- 1 Tbl Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray and parchment paper.
- Drain Salmon and flake with a fork, mashing up all skin and bone into the meat. Add Eggs, Olives, Sundried Tomatoes and mix thoroughly. Add Bread Crumbs ¼ Cup at a time until mixture is just dry enough to form patties.
- At this point form the patties, keeping them separated on a plate with parchment paper and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a skillet to medium high and brown the patties in a little high heat oil (I like Avocado, but Canola or Vegetable work as well) on both sides. Transfer the patties to the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until cooked through. Serve on toasted Ciabatta with Tzatziki, Red Onion and Arugula.
- Whisk together all ingredients, refrigerate.