How did I live my life without radish sauce? Radish sauce is a delicious and nutritious accompaniment to many recipes, but is especially delicious with these great salmon cakes.
Salmon and Shrimp Cakes
- 2 7.5 oz Cans ThinkPink and/or Redhead Traditional
- 1/2 LB Small Bay Shrimp Preferably wild caught from Oregon
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup green peas Canned, Frozen or Steamed Fresh
- 3/4 Cup green onions Thinly sliced
- 1/3 Cup mayonnaise or Vegannaise
- 2 Cups Panko Breadcrumbs Divided
- 2 TBL fresh tarragon (or 2 tsp dried) Minced
- 2 TBL Vegetable or Avocado Oil
- Salt and Pepper To taste
Double Radish Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Light Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 Cup Red or Daikon Radishes Shredded
- 1 1/2 TBL horseradish Cream Style
Using a food processor, pulse shrimp until finely minced.
Put the minced shrimp to large bowl and add salmon, eggs, peas, scallion, 1 cup of the bread crumbs, mayonnaise, tarragon, and salt& pepper. Stir well.
Divide into 12 portions, shape into cakes and coat with reserved breadcrumbs.
Heat large skillet over medium high, then add 1 TBSP oil. Reduce heat to medium, brown patties cooking about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Don’t crowd the pan. Keep patties warm in 250 degrees oven and then cook remaining.
These cakes freeze beautifully. Make a double batch and securely wrap the uncooked cakes and freeze. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or heat them in a lightly oiled frying pan.