Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 TBL Butter
- 2 TBL curry powder
- 5 Green Onions
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper Seeded and Minced
- 3 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/2 inch piece Fresh Ginger Peeled and Grated
- 2 cans ThinkPink and/or Redhead Traditional Drained
- 3 large Eggs Lightly beaten
- 3/4 cups Dry Breadcrumbs pPreferably panko
- 1/2 cup Pistachios Chopped
- 1/4 cup Parsley Minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup Mayo or Vegannaise
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- Melt butter in small frying pan over medium heat, then add curry powder, cooking briefly until it darkens slightly and become aromatic. Add onion, jalapeno pepper, garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 minutes or until garlic is golden.
- Gently blend cooked ingredients, drained and mashed salmon, eggs, breadcrumbs, pistachios, parsley and salt & pepper in a bowl.
- Make 8 balls, pressing each into a nice salmon cake. You may also make 16 portions and serve as delicious and unique appetizers.
- Heat large frying pan over medium heat, add oil and fry a few cakes at a time about 3 minutes per side or until nicely browned
- Serve with Curry-Lemon Sauce or your favorite chutney.
- Mix All ingredients thoroughly, refrigerate any leftovers to serve on your favorite sandwiches or wraps.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!