Wild Alaska canned salmon and California avocados make a wonderful summer meal. The recipe below is very versatile, so feel free to make substitutions as you see fit.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 7.5 oz can RedHead or ThinkPink Canned Salmon flaked
- 1 tsp. Mayo or Greek Yogurt
- 2 TBL celery minced
- 1 TBL red onion minced
- 1 avocado halved and pitted
- 1/2 Cup Light Oil (extra light olive oil or vegetable)
- 1/4 Cup Vinegar red wine or cider
- 2-3 TBL Fresh Basil minced
- 1/4 tsp Dried Basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix first four ingredients together and divide evenly between Avocado halves.
- Mix Vinaigrette and serve over salmon salad and avocado.
- ***Some additions that could be made to the salad recipe: 1. Jalapenos 2. Roasted Red Peppers 3. Blueberries 4. Nuts (Walnuts or Pecans are optimal for flavor) 5. Fresh Lemon Zest 6. Anything you think you may like or have on hand.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!