This is such an easy, elegant and delicious dish it would be perfect as a weeknight supper or even as a dinner party staple. If you have any favorite risotto recipes it is so easy to add canned salmon to up the protein and make it a truly one pot meal.
- 1 3/4 Cup Arborio rice
- 4 1/2 Cups Stock Chicken or Vegetable work best
- 1 Cup Mushrooms Minced
- 1 Cup Yellow Onion Minced
- 2 Cups frozen peas
- 1/2 Cup flat leaf parsley Rough Chop
- 1/4 Cup fresh mint Julienne
- 2 TBL heavy cream
- 2 TBL butter
- 3 TBL Parmesan
- 1 lemon Zested
- 3 Cans ThinkPink or RedHead Fillets Flaked
- 1. In a saucepan simmer chicken stock
- 2. In a Large sauté pan slowly cook onions and mushrooms in butter over medium heat. After both have completely softened add the rice and cook until toasted, but not browned.
- 3. Add half of the peas and chicken stalk ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly
- 4. Once the rice is cooked to ‘al dente’ add the cream, parmesan, lemon zest and salmon and serve immediately.