This is a recipe which is traditionally made with chicken breast but which translates beautifully with Thinkpink and or Redhead. We often serve this at store demonstrations as it is so delicious and surprising.
- 13 oz ThinkPink and/or Redhead drained (2 cans)
- 1 cup celery minced
- 1/2 cup apple unpeeled, diced
- 2 tbsp raisins or dried apricots chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans or slivered almonds chopped-coarsely
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or plain yogurt
- * Optional tip: Toast the nuts in a 325 degree oven for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Flake the Salmon with a fork being sure to smash the skin and bones up with the fillets for added nutrition. If this seems unappealing to you we suggest just trying it the first time; due to the canning process the bones and skin are undetectable when smashed and mixed in with everything else.
- Add remaining ingredients to Salmon and mix until evenly combined. Serve on your favorite bread, alongside crackers or celery sticks or scoop on top of a green salad.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!